If you don’t know by now, reading is my favorite thing to do besides shopping. I can escape into the pages and feel completely immersed in the story. I know within the first couple of pages if I am going to keep reading. When I can actually see the characters in my head its a sign that this is the book for me. Here is my list for 2015 good reads for the creative business owner.
1. The Circle Maker – started at the end of 2014 but read the last two chapters in 2015. Such a great book if you are seeking confirmation and direction.
2. The Richest Man in Babylon – this has been on countless WIYB featured list. I finally got around to reading it last week. This book is more than about money. It’s about life. Don’t miss those lessons.
3. Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office – I am not looking to get into the corporate world but I have heard how great this book is. I Read Nice Girls Don’t Get Rich and it’s what triggered me to become a better money manager.
4. Daring & Disruptive – is something I saw on Instagram and immediately had to order it. It’s about an entrepreneur on her rollercoaster ride.
5. Art, Inc. – Saw this book retweeted on Creative Live’s Twitter timeline and immediately researched it. Its brought to you by Meg Mateo IIasco. She has written several great books such as; Craft, Inc., Blog, Inc., Creative, Inc., and Mom, Inc.
6. Built to Last – was referred to me by a friend and I have heard great reviews about it.
7. Boundaries – Okay, last year after hearing Henry Cloud speak at a conference I was all excited about getting the book. I immediately went to Amazon to purchase the book only to order the workbook by accident. I finally picked this book up at the actual store.
8. Good to Great – If you read “Built To Last” you know about “Good To Great”. It has been out for some time, but I am ready to dig deeper.
9. The Bible on Leadership – I really love reading religion based books in general. Saw this at Barnes & Noble in the clearance section and picked it up. It will probably be my last book of January that I read.
10. Why We Buy – Found this book actually at my neighbor’s house. Jessica of DSR Apparel says Why She Buys is a great book too, different authors.
11. What To Do When It’s Your Turn – This was gifted to me by Sakita of Hashtags and Stilettos. Very timely gift and ready for the goodness inside.
12. On Target – Purchased this for Jessica as a client gift and she has not stopped raving about it. I mean who doesn’t want to know how to be more like Target.
These are just some of the books I plan on reading in 2015. As the year goes by I know I will see someone tweet about a book I need. I tend to read books months or even years after they are written. I believe you have to read or do things when it makes sense to your life. Otherwise, you will not heed the lessons shared.
What books are you reading this year? Who are you favorite authors?
This article has affiliate links included in it.
Photography image by Timerax